Star Wars Jedi Knight II – Jedi Outcast Files and Mods
To get a good install of Jedi Knight Outcast running in 2017, you need to take these steps.
- Download and/or install the Jedi Knight Outcast CD. It can be found on Steam or from the Mega download link. The link contains a large archive of files used to get JK2 up and running.
- Windows 10 allows you to open the .ISO file and mount it as a CD. If you are not up to date to Windows 10, try some free .ISO mount programs.
- Apply the patch numbered 1.04 (or 1.0.4 in the file versioning).
- Optional: Apply the mod JediPlus 4.3 if you like it. It is in the Games files/Mods folder.
- Run the Multiplayer game at least once to setup some files for the new improved launcher, JK2MV.
- Install JK2MV. This program is a huge improvement for compatibility on modern Windows systems and Widescreen support! Alt-tab is fixed!
- Install some mods from the Game files/Mods. Have fun with these!
The file also contains the dedicated server binary’s for Linux and Windows.
Finally, I have included a snapshot of the Program Files (x86)/JK2MV folder from my drive. It can be used to overwrite yours if you just want to dive in or need to “see” how the files are arranged.